CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS 2017/2018
On 1st February 2013, Worden was recognised by the Department for Education for its achievements in educational standards and became Leyland’s only Converter Academy (an academy that does not require support from a sponsor). As Leyland’s premier academy, we are very proud of the fact that our students continually raise the bar and achieve new heights.
Academy@Worden is an outstanding school where:
- All pupils achieve and are recognised as unique individuals with specific talents and needs. Students only get one chance and we take very seriously our role of providing the best possible opportunities for them to gain the most from their time here.
- Excellent teaching encourages intellectual, creative, technological and physical growth. We aim to develop our students’ ability to think independently, solve problems, communicate effectively and live happy and fulfilling lives.
- Students are motivated and recognise the joy of achievement in a safe and orderly environment.
- Parents are encouraged to take an active part in their child’s education and in the life of the school in general.
- The experiences of pupils provide opportunities to become tolerant and respectful, resilient and resourceful and encourage them to develop the skills required to face the challenges of the future.
- Students experience a range of enrichment within and beyond the school day and in the community.
Read the full Criteria in our Determined Admission Arrangement Academy Worden 2018-19.
Please note if making an application to Academy@Worden you will also need to complete our Supplementary Admission form (available from the school). The closing date for the Supplementary Admission form to be returned is 31 October 2017.
We are a community high school and admit 118 students into Year 7 each year. The Admission Booklet gives details about applications to the school and this is distributed to parents by the primary schools in the autumn term. Parents whose children are not attending a Lancashire primary school should contact the Pupil Access Team at Lancashire County Council.
The secondary admission booklets will be delivered to Lancashire primary schools early September. These must be forwarded to the parents of Year 6 children immediately. This is necessary to ensure that statutory timescales for parents to consider their secondary school preferences are met.
How to Apply
The national statutory closing date for secondary applications is 31st October. Click here for Lancashire's on-line application system.