Preston Teaching Alliance
Academy@Worden is proud to be a member of the Preston Teaching Alliance.
The Preston TSA is a primary and secondary alliance designed to raise standards for all children through improving the quality of teaching and leadership. The alliance offers training and support for all the members and identifies and coordinates expertise for members, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession.
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development.
- Identify and develop leadership potential.
- Provide support for other schools.
- Designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs).
- Encourage research and development.
The Preston TSA is designed to enhance the provision at every member school. Through active engagement with the Preston TSA, it is expected that standards at every school will rise as colleagues are exposed to good practice elsewhere and they work alongside people from other schools. The Preston TSA is one of 500 such Alliances throughout the country. They work extremely closely with local Alliances including The Catholic TSA, Ripley TSA, The Fylde TSA and Bishop Rawstorne TSA. A self-improving school system is at the heart of school improvement. Teaching Schools are a pivotal part of this national strategy.
Further details can be found on their website: http://www.prestontsa.org.uk/